FLEX - C1
High polymer modified, cement based, high strength, water resistant tile adhesive, suitable for fully vitrified tiles & glass mosaics in interior & exterior situations specially for use on swimming pool and wet conditions
FLEX – C1 is a cement based high Polymer modified tile adhesive for thin or thick bed fixing of all kind of tiles in interior or
exterior situations. FLEX – C1 is suitable for fixing materials such as fully vitrified tiles, swimming pool tiles and marble tiles.
FLEX – C1 complies with the requirements of European Tile adhesive standards EN 12 004 i.e. C1.
- FLEX – C1 tile adhesive is suitable for variety of backgrounds / bases including concrete, cement / sand screeds and renders, concrete block wall and existing unglazed ceramic / vitrified tiles.
- FLEX – C 1 may be used in areas where tiling is likely to be subjected to some limited background movement of vibration. It is especially suitable for fixing industrial tiles and other more special tiles and stones.
- White and Grey
- Easy to use, just add water.
- High bond strength.
- Water & Weather resistant.
- Good flexibility.
- Good pot life.
- Non toxic.
- Thin-bed fixing:3 – 4kg/m² (Smooth surface using notched trowel)
- Solid-bed fixing:6 – 8kg/m² (Smooth surface using notched trowel)
The surface to be tiled should be sound, dimensionally stable, clean and free from dusty or friable materials, paint,
grease, oil etc.
- Mix FLEX – C1 slowly in clean and sweet water (approx. 4 – 5 liters) until a smooth & lump-free mixture is obtained.
- Leave to stand for 5 to 10 minutes then stir. Don’t add further water.
- Apply FLEX – C1 to a minimum depth of 5-6mm on a working area of not more than 1m². (See Note 1)
- The adhesive bed should be combed horizontally with a notched trowel to remove excess.
- Fix dry tiles by pressing into place with slight twisting motion (See Note 2)
- Ensure that at least 100% of each tile is in contact with adhesive.
- Clean off surplus adhesive from the face of the tile with a damp cloth. Similarly, joints must be raked out
in readiness for grouting.
- Leave for a minimum of 24 hours before grouting.
- Solid-bed fixing is recommended for wet conditions, Terrazzo and Marble flooring tiles and vertical heavy duty applications including decorative Stone cladding. But unlike the application of ordinary tiles, apply to the cladding itself and not to the substrate only.
- Fix tiles (which should be dry) by pressing into place. Beginning at the bottom in the case of wall tiles and at center markings in the case of floor and pool tiles.
- FLEX C1 should not be used on painted or metal surfaces.
- The use of chilled water while mixing, will extend open wet time in high ambient temperatures.
- Do not use in damp conditions and temperature below 5 degree.
Working time of FLEX C1 is about 45 minutes at 25°C, after45 minutes standing time and tiles must be fixed in position
before drying out occurs. For this reason, it is essential to work with in a comparatively small area at a time.
FLEX C1 is available in Grey & White Colours.
FLEX C1 is available in 20kg bags.
Store out of direct sunlight and protect from water.
This product contains Portland cement which is slightly alkaline when wet. For people with sensitive skin, continuous use may cause irritation. Gloves or a suitable barrier cream should be used. As a general Code of safety practice all chemical products should be treated with care, kept away from children and animals, especially protect eyes and skin. In emergency seek medical advice.
FLEX C1 is a blend of Portland cement, quartz sand, reinforced with polymer content & optimizing additives, for thin / thick bed performance.